The Ultimate Annuity Guide
Security Blanket or Foolish Gamble? Navigating the Complex World of Annuities
Would you put up $100,000 to get back $7,000 a year for the rest of your life?
In a perfect world, that's the only kind of question you'd have to ask to determine whether an annuity is right for you. Unfortunately, it's not that simple.
The biggest problem is that annuities are life insurance products, and life insurance companies want to sell you more than just a simple, clear-cut annuity – they also want to add an investment component.
Since this makes them a lot of money, they usually try to portray the annuity they're offering you as a great investment.
Unfortunately, annuities bundled with investment components – known as variable annuities – can take a big hit in a down market (ask anyone who had their wealth in a variable annuity in 2008). Worse, they often contain hidden fees buried in pages of fine print.
Hidden fees are also a big problem with other kinds of annuities, like those packaged with life insurance policies. Because even the most basic annuity is fairly complex, it's difficult to make an apples-to-apples comparison.
Despite these concerns, annuities make sense for many retired people and those approaching retirement age because they can provide a guaranteed income – which can make it a lot easier to sleep at night.
To help you determine whether an annuity is right for you, retiree advocate Dennis Miller has teamed up with Casey Research to put together an easy-to-follow report called The Ultimate Annuity Guide.
This new report is jam-packed with invaluable information that will uncomplicate the world of annuities…
- The #1 question to ask yourself before buying any annuity (page 4)
- Why annuities are not investment products, and the one item you'll need to look for in the contract (page 4)
- An 8-point guide to help you determine if an annuity is right for you… after going through this guide, you'll know in no uncertain terms whether an annuity is right for you (page 5)
Once you've determined that an annuity makes sense for your unique situation, The Ultimate Annuity Guide helps you shop for one…
- 8 tips to help you buy an annuity that's right for your unique situation… follow these simple steps and you'll avoid expensive pitfalls (page 7)
- How to uncover hidden annuity fees… it's as simple as having your agent do one simple calculation (page 7)
- The foolproof way to compare annuities… how to tell if your agent is trying to saddle you with unnecessary add-ons (page 11)
The Ultimate Annuity Guide also sheds light on issues you have to watch out for…
- The hidden dangers of variable annuities (page 10)
- Should you consider annuities packaged with life insurance policies? (page 11)
- Fixed term vs. lifetime annuities – which one should you buy?… there's really only one of these ever worth considering (page 12)
- How to determine your death benefits… one type of annuity to stay away from, plus how to calculate how much your heirs will get after you die (page 14)
And what about annuity risks? Dennis has you covered there too, with sections on liquidity, default, and inflation – and simple steps you can take to minimize these risks.
With The Ultimate Annuity Guide, you'll be armed with a variety of strategies to help you determine whether an annuity is suitable for you and how to find one that offers the income stream you want at the best possible price.
This groundbreaking guide is only $29. Or you can subscribe to Miller's Money Forever for just $99 per year (a savings of 50%) through this offer and get the report for free.