Doug French


It’s About Envy, Stupid

Envy has been the great destroyer of progress for millennia. We need to face it directly.
bitcoin-currency-canary-in-the-coal-mine

Bitcoin: Currency Canary in the Coal Mine?

When all the currency battles and failures are done, will Bitcoin still be standing?

marriage-whats-love-got-to-do-with-it

Marriage: What’s Love Got to Do with It

Mating habits have changed repetitively through history. Are they changing again? Is economics involved?

americas-exceptional-torture

America’s Exceptional Torture

Why is it that the American political class loves and defends torture?

police-piracy

Police Piracy

Theft is theft, no matter who does it. And “civil asset forfeiture” is just a fancy term for theft.

oils-swoon-undoes-the-fed

Oil’s Swoon Undoes the Fed

14% of high-yield bonds lie in the energy sector, and they’re pulling the other 86% down with them. What’s...

the-business-of-government-caught-on-video

The Business of Government Caught on Video

The US “justice” and enforcement complex are worshiped (at length) every night on television. So should we really be...