Hunter Dickinson Companies:
Heatherdale Resources Ltd. | Curis Resources Ltd. | Northcliff Resources Ltd. | Rathdowney Resources Ltd. | Constantia Resources Ltd.
Robert Dickinson is the Chairman and co-founder of Hunter Dickinson Inc., a Canadian corporation, which since 1985 has grown to become one of the largest and most successful mine development groups in North America.
XL: Ron and Bob, thank you for agreeing to this interview-it's great to have Hunter-Dickinson join the Explorer's League.
BD: We're delighted to be included.
XL: Everyone knows a little about Bob and Bob, the two men who gave Hunter Dickinson its name, but not so many know about Ron. Bob Hunter is retired, Bob Dickinson is here to answer our questions, and so is Ron. Let's start with a brief look at Ron's role in HD.
- Hunter Dickinson Inc.http://www.hdimining.com
Dickinson, Chairman & Thiessen, President & CFO
Companies on the Move
Farallon Mining (T.FAN) got a friendly takeover bid from Nyrstar (a multi-metals company based in Belgium) last month, offering to buy FAN for C$0.80 per share. The offer represented a 32% premium to the 20-day average share price, and a 23% premium to the closing price on November 12, the last day of trading before the offer.
Taseko Mines (T.TKO; NYSE:TGB) got a knockdown punch from the federal minister of Environment, who rejected federal authorization for the Prosperity gold-copper mine in British Columbia to proceed. This is curious because TKO received provincial government approval last January. At stake is a 33-year life-of-mine operation with 5.3 billion pounds of copper and 13.3 million ounces of gold (Reserves and Resources). Within two days of the announcement, TKO officials were forced to eliminate 65 jobs as a direct result of the decision.
- Dr. Mark O’DeaInducted: Jan 2013
- Andy WallaceInducted: Apr 2011
- André GaumondInducted: Apr 2011
- Jim O’RourkeInducted: Feb 2011
- Dr. Rui FengInducted: Oct 2009
- Dr. Sergey V. KurzinInducted: Oct 2008
- Catherine McLeod-SeltzerInducted: Jan 2007
- Arnold ArmstrongInducted: Jan 2007
- Robert A. QuartermainInducted: Dec 2006
- Ron ParrattInducted: Feb 2006
- David LowellInducted: Sep 2005
- Lukas LundinInducted: May 2005
- Ron NetolitzkyInducted: Apr 2005
- Jorge Patricio JonesInducted: Apr 2005
- Robert Dickinson & Ronald W. ThiessenInducted: Mar 2005
- Roman Shklanka, PHDInducted: Feb 2005
- Simon RidgwayInducted: Feb 2005
- John ProchnauInducted: Feb 2005
- Duane PoliquinInducted: Feb 2005
- Adolph LundinInducted: Feb 2005
- Ross BeatyInducted: Feb 2005