3 more cancer fighters with outstanding profit potential
- Why the FDA gave the green light for this treatment in months instead of years
- The story behind the tiny company that created this cure – and the three other equally promising cancer treatments it has in development
- How we made 26% on this company in a single day… 66% so far… and why there's still time to triple your money if you get in now
Dear Fellow Investor,
Biotech investments have been vastly popular in the last few years. No wonder – it's one of the few market sectors where you can still make large profits in a fairly short time.
The five top biotech winners in 2011, for example, gained between 99% and 300% in one year.
What's not to like – especially when at the same time you can help fight cancer, the number-one bane of the civilized world?
But you have to be very cautious. Many emerging biotech firms struggle to find sufficient funding for their research… can never prove the validity of their cancer treatments, and so never get off the ground… or bomb in Phase II and III clinical trials where the rubber meets the road.
Just recently, a promising company named Keryx crashed and burned after its Phase III trials for its drug perifosine failed. Within days, the stock dropped more than 60% from its previous high.
That's why it's so important to pick companies whose chances of getting their treatments to market are exponentially increased by their first-class technologies… sound financials… and prospects of near-term revenue.
- It enjoys full financial backing by the mother of all biotech companies.
Cancer Fighter #1's wealthy collaborator literally birthed the biotechnology industry and was purchased for $46.8 billion by a Swiss pharma giant in 2009. If a major biotech corporation like this throws its considerable weight behind a young company, you can be sure there's a good reason for it.
- Its first cancer treatment has just been approved by the FDA.
To fully appreciate what an achievement this is, you should know that…
- It takes on average 12 years to get a drug onto the market;
- Only one in 1,000 new drug candidates ever makes it from the laboratory to human trials;
- Once a company hands its 100,000-page New Drug Application to the FDA, it can take as long as two and a half years to get approval.
So it speaks volumes that the FDA agreed to fast-track this company's "hedgehog pathway inhibitor" (the first of its kind), approving it in less than five months after application.
- It has three other groundbreaking drugs in its pipeline that may be even better than the first one.
While this company's just-approved cancer drug regulates a very important "signaling pathway" in certain cancers, it only acts upon one such pathway.But cancers come in different breeds – many rely on a number of intersecting pathways that support tumor survival, growth, and invasion, so the real future for inhibitor drugs is in targeting multiple pathways in the network. And that's where this company's core R&D efforts lie… as well as our largest profits.
In a moment, I'll tell you more about those other treatments… and about the other cancer fighters in our portfolio, companies whose breakthrough technologies could generate equal or even greater returns.
But first, let's talk about Cancer Fighter #1's FDA-approved "wonder drug"…
Fighting Skin Cancer at the Source
This drug, in its trial stages named GDC-0449, treats basal cell carcinoma (BCC), the most common type of skin cancer and the most common cancer overall in the United States, with about two million new cases annually.
Right now the only treatments are the "slash, burn, and poison" methods – surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy – that are almost as nasty as cancer itself.
In 2008, British scientists published a report called National Confidential Enquiry into Patient Outcome, Death. Having observed 600 cancer patients who died within 30 days of chemotherapy treatment, the authors concluded that 40% of the patients suffered significant poisoning as a result of the treatment… and that 25% of the deaths were either caused or accelerated by the chemotherapy.
|The Hedgehog Pathway|
The makers of GDC-0449 hope to change all that.
The new, small-molecule drug targets the signaling pathways located in the body's cells that allow cancer cells to multiply and spread – in particular the "hedgehog pathway," so named because of its prickly appearance.
Simplified, GDC-0449 acts as a switchboard for the cell's pathways, disrupting communication where necessary. Without the command to reproduce, the cancer cells simply die.
And unlike the "slash, burn, and poison" treatments that attack cancerous and healthy cells alike, this drug specifically aims to block the pathways found in cancer cells… while giving healthy cells the "green light" to grow undisturbed.
During clinical Phase II trials, GDC-0449 shrank tumors, healed visible lesions, or prevented them from growing in 75% of patients. It cut the development of new basal cell carcinomas by 96% while reducing the size of existing ones. Some patients even achieved near-complete remission.
Considering that its main application – metastasized and locally advanced BCC – is one for which there was previously no treatment available, it's no wonder that the FDA agreed to rush the approval process of this "miracle drug."
Our company's share price shot up 26% on March 7, 2011 – the day after it was announced that GDC-0449 had been proven to indeed shrink tumors.
Aside from the occasional market-related dip, the stock has been going strong ever since. At the time of this writing, it's up 66%. According to our price projections, Cancer Fighter #1 should hand subscribers a fat 316.7% gain. And if you get in now, you could still triple your investment until our price target is reached.
You see, what we're most banking on for our long-term investment profits are the other three cancer drugs our company has up its sleeve.
Plus, this company is not the lone wiz kid on the block – we have three more "cancer fighters" with breakthrough technologies in our portfolio that I'm just as confident about. More about them in a minute.
Right now, a short introduction seems in order…
for Extraordinary Profits
| Alex Daley
Chief Technology Investment Strategist, editor of Casey Extraordinary Technology
I've been a tech geek since third grade, when I took my first computer apart and reassembled it. By the age of 20, I was a professor of computer science and information technology… and eventually ended up leading a division of Microsoft where I worked directly under Bill Gates, turning R&D products into business profit centers.
Being right at the source of cutting-edge tech news, I started investing in promising tech stocks. And I had so much success with it that institutional investors started hiring me as a consultant.
Today, I help the subscribers of my monthly advisory, Casey Extraordinary Technology, earn sizable gains by finding well-run companies with great technology that the market has yet to discover.
- 46% GAIN in 1 WEEK – I helped my subscribers make a quick gain buying and selling ArcSight Inc. (ARST), a leading global provider of IT security and compliance management solutions, just before it was acquired by Hewlett Packard.
- 43% GAIN – I recognized the growth of wireless communications and got my readers into InterDigital Inc (IDCC), a leader in technology solutions for use in digital cellular and wireless products and networks at $24.69. Five months later, I recommended selling for a tidy 43% gain.
- Up 218% – Recognizing the increasing threat of cyberterrorism, I suggested to buy this technological leader in network security appliances and unified threat management when it was undervalued at $8.11. Within months, the rest of the market came to appreciate this company. Subscribers are now sitting on a gain of 218%.
But it's not just computer technology I'm looking for. Any breakthrough technology that has the potential for outsized profits is being watched and scrutinized by my team of analysts and me.
Which brings me back to the other drugs Cancer Fighter #1 has in the queue…
From Rural Roads to Big-City Traffic
You could compare the hedgehog pathway to a country road where five cars behind a tractor make a traffic jam. What CUDC-101, the company's first "multi-target inhibitor," aspires to do, however, is much more like directing traffic in New York's Times Square.
It's designed to prevent the growth of cancer cells at multiple points of intervention by disrupting three different receptor types (known as HDAC, EGFR, and HER2). The theory is that having just one compound do all the work will be more efficient and safer for the patient.
Research on CUDC-101 suggests that it may be able to simultaneously suppress tumor growth and metastasis and overcome drug resistance. It is now being tested in patients with head and neck cancer, non-small-cell lung cancer, as well as gastric and liver cancers.
While CUDC-101 is the current frontrunner for the multi-pronged approach, Cancer Fighter #1 has two more auspicious drug candidates:
- CUDC-907 – the latest molecule selected for clinical development, which has shown promise in treating hematologic (blood) cancers.
- Debio 0932 – a small-molecule Hsp90 inhibitor for the treatment of various cancers, including solid tumors and lymphoma.
I've put together a brand-new special report called The Curing Cancer Portfolio, which details this company's financials and outlook, its drug candidates, why we like it, and what potential problems we watch out for. If you are interested in investing in this company… and my three other top cancer-fighting picks… you should take the time to read it.
Here's a glimpse of what you'll get…
On the Way to Blockbuster Profits
My team and I have carefully selected these companies, applying our obsessive-compulsive version of due diligence to make sure the odds are heavily in our favor. Here's a snapshot of what we found out:
- Phase II clinical trials showed extraordinary promise, shrinking tumors in 97% of the patients and inducing complete remission in 34%.
- Recently, this company's stock rose 7.8% in one day when the FDA made its drug the first new treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma to be approved in more than 30 years.
- Some analysts predict sales of this drug could reach more than $400 million by 2015. And with two more cancer-fighting drugs in the company's pipeline, there's still time to get in on the coming extraordinary gains.
- Rather than creating hundreds of new drugs, this company builds the platform for attacking the RNAi of specific diseases. Then they partner with other companies, which match the specific RNAi platform with the appropriate drug to kill each disease.
- They're building a broad base of licensing fees, milestone payments, and royalty income that offers the potential to vastly exceed our moderate price target… and continue growing as more and more platforms are developed.
This company is the technology leader in creating RNAi-based drugs that:
- can harness a single natural pathway, making them potent and highly selective;
- can target virtually any protein, thereby attacking any illness;
- act "upstream" – that means it's like stopping a flood by turning off the faucet, instead of mopping the floor, as old-fashioned treatments do;
- simplify the process of identifying appropriate drug candidates, making discoveries more rapid and economical.
I expect the value of this stock to go considerably higher… and right now is a good time to get in for extraordinary gains.
How to Get the Details on
All Four of These Cancer Fighters
These are the biotech companies that I believe have the most promising medical breakthroughs in cancer research. They may well be the Genentechs of tomorrow – future biotech giants blazing the trails for the next generation of cancer drugs.
For those who get in on the ground floor, this is a chance to not only earn substantial financial rewards but also to help fight the number-one blight of the 21st century.
But finding a company is just the first step… you also need to know exactly when to buy and, even more importantly, when to sell or take profits for maximum gains.
Fortunately, you don't have to go it alone. Instead…
Imagine investing in Cancer Fighter #1… and potentially turning every $5,000 you invest into $20,835 or more.
Imagine what could happen if you got in early on all four of the hottest, cancer-fighting biotech companies in the world.
Now imagine getting the inside scoop on all those companies absolutely free.
That's what you will get when I rush you your free special report, The Curing Cancer Portfolio.
I'm not exaggerating when I say that the current opportunities in biotech are huge. Despite massive amounts of funding thrown at cancer for decades, the US Center for Disease Control predicts that new cases of cancer will double from 2002 rates, to 20 million cases per year by 2030.
Revolutionary new biotechnologies aimed at curing cancer place us on the brink of a completely new and growing market capable of generating billions of dollars worldwide.
And that's just what's currently going on.
Billions of people around the world don't even have access to health care yet, but the number of those who do is growing every day. As people in emerging countries like China and India gain wealth and access to medical treatment, cancer-fighting drugs will be used around the world… and the gains for early investors could be spectacular.
Biotech: the Perfect Market
for Exceptional Gains
Right now, biotechnology is one of the few sectors where market-smashing gains are not only still possible… they happen regularly. Consider these biotech successes:
- Enbrel, an arthritis treatment from Amgen, rakes in over $5 billion in sales a year.
- Same with Rituxan, Genentech's novel treatment for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
- Likewise with Humira, a treatment for autoimmune disorders like Crohn's disease and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Avastin, a treatment for colon cancer used together with chemo, brought in $6.5 billion in 2010.
And there are dozens of other therapies producing a billion or more dollars a year in global sales.
Here's the key: companies on the forefront of technology can take off even in a recession.
No matter what the market and economy are doing,
a breakthrough technology is a breakthrough technology,
and investors are rewarded accordingly.
Of course, the risk is higher with a biotech outfit trying to prove a new treatment than with an established company and a well-proven therapy. But with elevated risk comes the potential for far greater returns, like these that would have turned every $5,000 invested into:
- $63,411 gain in one month (May 2009) on Vanda Pharmaceuticals (VNDA)
- $290,900 gain from March 2009 to May 2010 on Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX)
- $341,875 gain from March 2009 to April 2010 on Human Genome Sciences (HGSI)
Warning: This Is Not for Everyone
In the end, nine out of ten therapies submitted to the FDA will be rejected or withdrawn. Picking the technologies that will not only work but pass FDA muster is not for amateurs.
That's why so many people suffer heavy losses investing in biotech, and why many others stay away from this lucrative sector altogether.
While risk can never be eliminated, I'm more than happy to dive in and grab the biotech gold while others sit on the sidelines… because I've learned to minimize risk and increase the likelihood of hitting a home run through a process of painstaking research, an intimate familiarity with the underlying technology, and thorough understanding of the market dynamics.
For starters, I refuse to even consider any company that doesn't pass my stringent five-part "tech screen":
- Is the company capable of at least doubling its market share within the next 6 to 36 months?
- Has the company developed a technological breakthrough that withstands professional and regulatory scrutiny?
- Is the company run by experienced management with a proven history of turning new technologies into extraordinary profits?
- Does the company have a solid balance sheet so it can generate cash at minimum risk to ensure it can afford to bring its products to market?
- Is the company "under the radar" of institutional investors so we can get in undetected and eventually sell to them at maximum prices?
Fewer than 1 in 100 companies ever pass this test. And even if they do, there are still other factors to consider.
Next the company must meet all of Casey Research's timeless criteria ensuring it is rock solid in every other way – including its people, financing, marketing, and price.
Then and only then do I select the one or two that have the best chance of making serious profits like these gains that Casey Extraordinary Technology subscribers have recently realized:
- 147% gain on MAKO Surgical Corp. (MAKO), the technology leader in advanced robotic arms and orthopedic implants
- 70% gain on Ebix Inc. (EBIX), a high-tech software wizard serving the insurance industry
- 69% gain on Stratasys (SSYS), an innovative market leader that's positioned itself to reap vast rewards from the expansion of 3D printing
- 97% gain on iRobot (IRBT), whose government and industrial robots perform various missions – on land and in the sea – and whose home robots are revolutionizing the way people clean, inside and out
Here's Exactly What You Get
with Casey Extraordinary Technology
Very few investors are paying much attention to these companies. They're too small and too volatile for most, so you generally won't hear about them on the news… or on the Internet… or on TV. That's where I come in.
Casey Extraordinary Technology subscribers get in early, before these companies become the latest Wall-Street darlings. Once the herd catches on and investors start bidding up the share price, we're positioned and ready to take profits.
Every month in Casey Extraordinary Technology, I deliver right to your inbox the full, detailed, actionable information on the very best of these typically little-known companies with breakthrough innovations and rock-solid management from every field of technology, including:
"Law of Accelerating Returns"
The following chart, presented at the 2010 Consumer Genetics Conference in Boston, shows that the exponential pace of gene sequencing technology over the past decade is actually outpacing Moore’s Law.
When the Human Genome project – which I incidentally helped develop – began in 1990, critics pointed out that given the speed with which the genome could then be scanned, it would take thousands of years to finish the project.
Undaunted, project insiders believed the technology was emerging to complete the task in just 15 years. And they shocked the world when they finished the project in only 13 years… two full years ahead of schedule.
Today one of the companies in my technology portfolio, Pacific Biosciences of California (PACB) has perfected the technology to sequence and map any gene in less than one day. And basic questions can be answered for as little as $99 in 30 minutes.
From thousands of years… to 15 years… to 13 years… to 30 minutes. That’s exactly the exponential growth that makes technology such an amazing investment.
- Aerospace and defense
- Medical devices and healthcare technology
- Software and Internet services
- Biotechnology and pharmaceuticals
- Computers and other electronics
- Information technologies
These are the companies with market- and life-changing technologies – like the newest cures for cancer – that are destined to become part of our everyday lives.
Every month, I'll take you deep inside these companies… even beyond the facts and figures. I'll introduce you to the people committed to bringing these technologies to market. I'll tell you not only when to buy but when it's time to sell for maximum profit.
And that's not all you get with a subscription to Casey Extraordinary Technology.
24/7 email alert: I stay on top of these companies and technologies as the market moves and opportunities change every day. As soon as breaking news occurs, I'll send you a personal email alert giving you my up-to-the-minute advice and explanations regarding what's happening… what's likely to happen… and what action you should take.
Full resource library: The minute you sign up, you also get unlimited access to every back issue – every article, every special strategy, every special report… everything we've ever published on technology investing.
Plus, my exclusive special report: When you accept a risk-free trial subscription to Casey Extraordinary Technology, I'll send you my report The Curing Cancer Portfolio – free.
Remember, this report details everything you need to know about the four top new cancer technologies and the companies that develop them, all poised to return shareholders incredible gains.
Nothing Else Can
Give You the Exponential Growth Technology Can
According to American futurist Ray Kurzweil, technological change is exponential, not linear. Progress typically starts slowly – for example, advancing from 1 to 2, then 2 to 4. But it quickly accelerates, going from 4 to 10, 10 to 1,000, and so on.
Simply put, we won't experience 100 years of progress in the 21st century – it will be the equivalent of 20,000 years of progress (at today's rate).
Consider the tremendous exponential growth of computing power already in our lifetime.
Back in the 1970s, college students shared the same computer that that took up half of a building.
Today, the computer you carry around in your cell phone is a million times cheaper and a thousand times more powerful.
That's a billion-fold increase in price performance in just 40 years.
Biotechnology is one of a wide range of technologies that are subject to this "Law of Accelerating Returns," commonly known as "Moore's Law." It was named after former Intel Chairman Gordon Moore, who predicted the parabolic advance in the capacity of integrated circuits that makes your cell phone the technological powerhouse that it is.
And Casey Extraordinary Technology is uniquely qualified to bring you the very best of the best… the ones that will stretch Moore's Law to the limits – the moment they become available.
Making Triple-Digit Gains While Finding
a Cure for Cancer
– Does It Get Any Better?
Actually, it does – because, happily, I'm in the position to offer you a substantial discount to join the fold.
You see, normally a one-year subscription to Casey Extraordinary Technology costs $995. A reasonable fee, simply because the gains from just one of the stocks I mentioned above can cover your subscription and then some.
But if you agree to try my service today, I'd like to offer you an even better deal: Take Casey Extraordinary Technology for a test drive for just $749… a full 25% off the regular price.
The best part: you'll lock in this lower price for as long as you remain a subscriber.
And if you decide within the first three months that it's not for you, I'll refund every penny you paid – no questions asked. Of course you get to keep your free report, no matter what.
By joining today, you'll get an entire year of my deeply researched advice and handpicked recommendations, plus receive your free report.
Then go ahead and use it all for 90 days without risk or worry –because your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed.
Please Don't Miss Out on This Extraordinary Opportunity
Part of the beauty of the technology sector is that there's always something new being developed that can improve the world… and make substantial profits for those who get in early. In my Casey Extraordinary Technology portfolio recently:
- A technology leader in the data-storage industry is up 59% in 5 months.
- A top vendor of network security appliances is up 218% in 21 months.
- A manufacturer of cutting-edge devices that treat kidney disorders is up 107% in 23 months.
*as of February 2012
Soon I expect the companies that are curing cancer to outpace these technology winners… and make many people quite wealthy.
The question is: Will you be one of them?
I've told you all the essentials. Now it's up to you.
Take Casey Extraordinary Technology for a risk-free "test drive" that will put you on the cutting edge of technology and extraordinary profits for many years to come.
Chief Technology Investment Strategist, Casey Research
P.S. Life-changing technologies come in all shapes and sizes. I just finished researching another exciting technology breakthrough that could revolutionize industry the way the invention of the cotton gin ushered in the industrial revolution. I've just completed another report with full details. I'll also send you this report – that's two technology-packed reports for you – free. So please respond today to take full advantage of this offer.